Machine Guarding Training
Machine hazards are a leading cause of workplace injuries and fatalities.
This course is designed to help learners understand the hazards associated with operating machinery, with improper or no guarding. We will review where the hazards are created on different types of machinery with rotating parts or drive systems as well as point of operation and identified danger zones. As well as different types of guards. We will discuss when we transition from guarding to Lockout/Tagout during maintenance tasks. We will also review the new CSA Standard Z432-16 for safeguarding machinery.
This course is designed for equipment operators, maintenance persons and supervisors.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our Online Training Membership Packages. Membership packages provide access to industry-specific collections of online training courses from as low as $3.50 per person!
- CSA Standard Z432-16
- Occupational Health and Safety Act Sections 25, 26, 27, 28
- Industrial Regulation 851 Sections 24 to 76
- Understanding Applicable Legislation
- Types of hazards
- Where the hazards are created on different types of machinery
- Operation danger zones
- Types of guards
- Transition from guarding to Lockout/Tagout during maintenance
- 4 hours
This course contains 2 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.
How to Comply with Machine Guarding Legislation in Ontario
Employers are responsible for keeping all workers – including equipment operators, cleaning service providers and contractors – safe from machine guarding hazards.
WSIB statistics show that approximately 2000 lost-time claims related workers injuries from coming in contact with machinery every year. Recent data show that the number of injuries per year is increasing, with a 6% increase in lost-time claims due to workers coming into contact with machinery between 2016 and 2017 .
Learn more about: