Are you a member of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) or certified as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST)?
Good news - courses that you complete with MidSouthWest Training and Consulting qualify for HPRA and CRSP/CRST CPD points!
HRPA CPD Points
Courses do not need to be pre-approved - simply add the course to the log subbmited for you continuing education points to HRPA. HRPA encourages members to submit their activities by utilizing the online log located in the member's HRPA dashboard (see instructions below).
CRSP/CRST CPD points
Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) and Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) certified individuals are required to adhere to the mandatory Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Program (formerly called the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP)). This program ensures that certificants keep pace with changes affecting professional OHS practice. Certified individuals can visit the BCRSP website for CPD point criteria.
- Go to www.hrpa.ca
- Go to the left hand side, select Login, and login to your profile.
- Once logged in, you will be put back on the home screen, the login button will now say "Logoff". Directly to the right, it says "Dashboard". Select the "Dashboard".
- In your dashboard you will scroll down, past the personal details, to a list of about 8 purple links. Here you will select "Continual Professional Development (CPD)"
- Ensure the dropdown menus with the dates are correct for the CPD Period you are looking for events from.
- From here it will show all the categories above on the left, and logged hours on the right.
- If you click the category title on the left, it will open this category and allow you to log activities in this category.
- In order to log the activity, you will first need to select the subcategory from the dropdown menu beside the "Add" button.
- Once you hit the required minimum for 67 Hours, a Submit button will appear.
- Once you press Submit, your hours are submitted and your CPD log is complete.
- Until you press Submit, your CPD Log will not be finalized and submitted.
- Go to www.bcrsp.ca
- Select "Certificants Only" from the menu
- Select "Certificant Sign-In" from the lefthand menu.
For more information you can review the CPD guidebook and CPD log.
If you have specific questions about the links between our courses and the HPRA CPD points, please contact us.
If you have specific questions about the links between our courses and the HPRA or CRSP/CRST CPD points, please contact us.