WHMIS 2015 Training
(Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
Our Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 training program covers the new WHMIS 2015 legislation, which Canada has brought in to align its WHMIS training with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
The WHMIS 2015 legislation is currently in force. "In force" means that suppliers may begin to use and follow the new requirements for labels and safety data sheets (SDSs) for hazardous products sold, distributed, or imported into Canada. However, there is a transition period, where organizations must comply with the old system "WHMIS or the new System WHMIS 2015". The transition period ends on December 1, 2018
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
Training refers to the site- and job-specific information to employees that will cover your workplace’s procedures for storage, handling, use, disposal, emergencies, spills, and what to do in unusual situations
- May be exposed to a hazardous product due to their work activities (including normal use, maintenance activities, or emergencies)
- Use, store, handle or dispose of a hazardous product
- Supervise or manage workers who may be exposed, or use, store, handle or dispose of a hazardous product
- Are involved in emergency response
- The information on both the supplier label and workplace label, and what that information means.
- The information on the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and what that information means.
- The procedures required for safe use, handling and disposal of a hazardous product.
- Any other procedures required when the product is in a pipe, piping system, vessel, tank car, etc.
- The procedure to follow if the hazardous product may be present in the air and a worker may be exposed.
- All procedures that must be followed in an emergency that involves the hazardous product.
- 4 hours
This course contains 4 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.
What's changed in WHMIS 2015?
WHMIS 2015 Training
If you’re company requires WHMIS 2015 training, please contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting. We offer on-site WHMIS 2015 training at your location. After completing our course, participants will: