WHMIS 2015 Training
(Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
Our Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015) safety course identifies the changes to the new WHMIS 2015 (GHS) requirements for the workplace. WHMIS joined forces with the worldwide hazard community known as GHS (Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals) and now WHMIS in Canada has been renamed to Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015) and follows a very similar outline to GHS.
We also offer Train the Trainer courses for WHMIS 2015.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
Training refers to the site- and job-specific information to employees that will cover your workplace’s procedures for storage, handling, use, disposal, emergencies, spills, and what to do in unusual situations
- May be exposed to a hazardous product due to their work activities (including normal use, maintenance activities, or emergencies)
- Use, store, handle or dispose of a hazardous product
- Supervise or manage workers who may be exposed, or use, store, handle or dispose of a hazardous product
- Are involved in emergency response
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS GHS) introduction
- Hazard groups, classes and category/types
- Site and job specific information for employees
- Safety procedures for storage, handling, use, disposal, emergencies and spills
- Supplier and workplace label interpretation
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS), importance and interpretation
- In-class training
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score)
What's changed in WHMIS 2015?
WHMIS 2015 Training
If you’re company requires WHMIS 2015 training, please contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting. We offer on-site WHMIS 2015 training at your location. After completing our course, participants will: