Supervisor Competency Training
The Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training regulation requires health and safety awareness training for every worker and supervisor under Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). The regulation came into force July 1, 2014.
A supervisor is defined as a person who has charge of workplace or authority over a worker. Supervisor Competency training is required for all managers, supervisors lead hands and who have the responsibility of overseeing others' work.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our Online Training Membership Packages. Membership packages provide access to industry-specific collections of online training courses from as low as $3.50 per person!
- What is a supervisor
- Duties and responsibilities of the employer, worker and supervisor
- JHSC, their roles and duties
- IRS: Internal Responsibility System and role of the supervisor
- Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development
- Worker rights
- RACE: recognize, assess, control and evaluate hazards
- Addressing worker health and safety issues
- Health and safety resources
- Leading employees to work safely
- 8 hours
This course contains 6.5 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.