Overhead Crane Safety Training
Our Overhead Crane Safety Training course is a full certificate program and suitable for experienced operators of industrial type cranes. It may also be given to beginner operators, but will take more practical training. This class covers a variety of industrial-type cranes including bridge, jib and gantry cranes, as well as basic rigging. This training can be customized or created to specifically address your workplace equipment and health & safety needs.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Explanation of Legislation, Standards and Guidelines
- Pre-Operational Inspection (Class-room and hands on)
- Basic Principles
- Slings, Attachments and Lifting Hardware
- Safe Operational Guidelines
- Hand Signals
- Written Test
Practical evaluations are conducted individually. Practical evaluations are required for complete certification.
- 8 hours
- 4 hours
- Industrial Regulation 851
This course contains 6.5 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.