0–8 Ton Mobile Boom Crane Training
Our 0–8 Ton Mobile Crane Operator training program is a two-part program consisting of a comprehensive in-class theory session followed by practical operating testing. The course has been designed around parameters set out by O Reg 213/91 Construction Projects, O Reg 851 Industrial, SOR/86-304 and CSA Z150.
The program covers a broad spectrum of mobile crane operation and basic rigging focusing on those particular to your operation for both Federal and Provincial regulated companies. Participants will learn how to safely and effectively operate your specific mobile crane(s), attachments and related components.
This program is suitable for new and existing operators. Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Hazard awareness
- Basic equipment and design principles
- Pre-shift equipment inspections
- Types of hardware
- Safe hoisting/operating techniques
- Hand signals for slingers and operators
- Occurrence/damages causes
- Turning and flipping loads
- Capacity ratings/load weight calculations
- Internal responsibility
- Equipment applications/basic rigging
- Hitches and angles
- Pedestrian/operator safety
- Outrigger blocking & cribbing
- Underfoot conditions
- Power line safety awareness
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the in-class segment. The instructor will work with 2 operators at a time for approximately 45 minutes.
Practical Training for New Operators
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment application(s) and aptitude of the participant.
- 7 hour program held on-site at your location
- Practical operator testing is held on-site at your location. The instructor works with 1-2 operators at a time for approximately 30 - 60 minutes. (Duration is dependent on type(s) of cranes and attachments and complexity of operation).
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 equipment types (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
This course contains 6.5 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.