Health and Safety Awareness for Workers Training
Our Health and Safety Awareness for Workers Training is designed to meet the needs of all workers in Ontario. The Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training regulation requires health and safety awareness training for every worker and supervisor under Ontario's Occupation Health and Safety Act (OHSA). The regulation came into force July 1, 2014. Training is required for all employees who do not meet the definition of a supervisor.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- What is the workers role in health and safety
- Internal Responsibility System
- Duties and responsibilities of the employer, worker and supervisor
- JHSC, their roles and duties
- Worker rights
- Recognizing workplace hazards
- Controlling hazards
- Personal protective equipment
- Participating in safety
- Right to refuse unsafe work
- Communicating health and safety concerns
- 4 hours