Standard First Aid / CPR Training
Standard First Aid and CPR Training is one of the most basic elements to any Health and Safety Program is maintaining the required number of Certified First Aid workers. MidSouthWest provides Red Cross Certified trainers who have been carefully screened to meet the high quality standards of all our trainers: engaging, entertaining and interactive presentation skills combined with professionalism, respect and understanding of the adult learner.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First Aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Wound care
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual (Full Certification only, Recertification additional cost of $25.00 per manual)
- 3-year Certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and AED - wallet card and wall certificate issued upon successful completion (sent via snail mail to billing address within 2 weeks of training)
- Manikins, gloves and all props required during program
- Must be completed prior to the certification expiry data
- 1 day (8 hours)
- Required for first time or expired cards
- 2 days (16 hours)
First Aid Training Saves Lives
Knowing basic first aid and CPR can be a lifesaving skill, both at home and at work. Employers who provide employees with first aid and CPR training ensure that their workplace comply with both federal and provincial/territorial occupational health and safety legislation. More importantly, the skills learned at a first aid training course can help to save a life in an emergency situation in the workplace, at home or in the community.
In 2017, two individuals who participated in On-site First Aid/CPR training classes taught by MidSouthWest Training and Consulting trainers used their first aid skills to save lives in the community. In one case, the individual saved a 13-year-old boy who nearly drowned in a family swimming pool. In the second case, the individual saved the life of a 23-year-old woman by performing emergency CPR before the arrival of the paramedics.
For all those who don’t think they need a CPR course, you just never know if tomorrow could be the day you will.
MidSouthWest offers comprehensive First Aid and CPR training that goes beyond the minimum Level A standard (adults only) by meeting the Level C standard (adults, children and babies). All of our First Aid/CPR classes include defibrillator training. We offer both initial and refresher training, including blended online and in-class training options. Contact MidSouthWest today to discuss First Aid training options for your employees.