Fire Extinguisher Safety Training
This course is designed for any worker or supervisor who has the potential to use a fire extinguisher in the workplace. The course will guide participants through the aspects of fire extinguishers, from the types of fires, to the classes of extinguishers.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Course Introduction
- Current Related Government legislation
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Recognize the different classes of fires
- The Fire Triangle
- Care, maintenance and use of fire extinguishers
- How to prevent fires from starting and spreading
2 hour in-class program held on-site at your location or at one of our open class locations.
- In-class training
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on written test)
This course contains 2 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.