Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
Falls from height are among the leading causes of severe and fatal injuries for workers in construction, utilities, wind energy and general maintenance industries.
This fall protection equipment inspection course is designed to teach participants how to inspect fall protection equipment for safety. This workshop will prove both practical and theoretical instruction to participants.
Yearly Inspections are carried out by a "Competent Person".
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our Online Training Membership Packages. Membership packages provide access to industry-specific collections of online training courses from as low as $3.50 per person!
This course is delivered through a combination of instructor lead presentation, hands on practical activities and theory or knowledge verifications
- Legislation & Standards
- Fall Protection Requirements
- Competent Inspector
- Inspection Forms
- Harness Classifications
- Equipment Identification
- Harness Inspection
- Lanyard types and Inspection
- Miscellaneous Equipment (Carabiners & Hooks, etc.)
- Cleaning & Storage
- Practical Hands on Inspections
- Remove defective equipment from service
Supervisors, JHSC members, health and safety representatives, maintenance and engineering personnel, or any worker who as part of their job, need to use and inspect their fall protection equipment, or has responsibility for the inspection of fall protection equipment.
4 hours in-class program held on-site at your location or at one of our open class locations.
- In-class training
- All participants who successfully complete this program will receive a Certificate of Competency.
This course contains 4 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.