Electrical Safety Awareness Training
Our Electrical Safety Awareness training program offers a comprehensive understanding of safe electrical workplace practices in accordance with CSA Z462-18. The program provides participants with the knowledge of identifying and assessing electrical hazards, designing safe work procedures, selecting personal protective equipment, and explains protective measures associated with working around electrical energy.
This program is suitable for electrical journeymen who may need to work live as well as any worker who works near an exposure to electricity. We also offer Train the Trainer courses for Electrical Safety Awareness.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Current related government legislation
- Discuss and recognize the importance of an Emergency/Rescue Procedure (CSA 462-18-22.214.171.124)
- Adverse effects of electricity on the body
- Identifying hazards associated with shock and arc flash
- Identify safe work practices when exposed to electrical hazards (including risk assessment)
- Recognize shock protection boundaries and personal protection
- Recognize the importance of CSA Z462-15 (including Lockout CSA Z460)
- PPE selection in accordance with NFPA 70E
- In-class training
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score)
This course contains 4 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.