Electric Pallet Truck Safety Training
Our Electric Pallet Truck safety course is an OHSA based program that teaches pre-operation machine inspection, safe operation requirements, proper load handling, operating and moving the machine and hazard avoidance.
The practical evaluation of the operator training course requires operators to demonstrate a competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
We also offer our Train the Trainer courses for Electric Pallet Truck. This program is suitable for new and existing operators. Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our Online Training Membership Packages. Membership packages provide access to industry-specific collections of online training courses from as low as $3.50 per person!
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of pallet trucks
- Hazard Identification and controls
- Pre-operational checks
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Lift capacity and load limitations
- Loading dock safety
- Safe operating procedures
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the in-class segment. The instructor will work with 1 operator at a time for approximately 20 minutes per truck type.
Practical Training for New Operators
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment application(s) and aptitude of the participant.
- 4.5 hour program held on-site at your location
- Practical operator testing is held on-site at your location. The instructor works with 1 operator at a time for approximately 20 minutes per truck type.
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
This course contains 2 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.