Canada Labour Code Part 2 Training
The Canada Labour Code, Part II ("the Code") governs the health and safety of employees in the federal jurisdiction.
Section 124 of the CLC Part II stipulates a general obligation or duty for employers to ensure that the health and safety of every person they employ is protected while they are working.
Employees also have responsibilities under subsection 126 (1) to take all reasonable and necessary precautions for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their work or activities.
This course, Canada Labour Code Part II, will give you the basic understanding of the requirements of the Code and how it is applied. Examples are included to illustrate the concepts. This course is a useful starting point for all those who will who fall under the protection of the Canada Labour Code.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- The Internal Responsibility System
- Rights and duties of employers (managers and supervisors)
- Ways to meet employer duties
- Due diligence
- Rights and duties of employees
- Responsibilities of policy and workplace health and safety committees and representatives
- Workplace inspections
- Resolving complaints and work refusals
- Accident/Incident investigation
- Enforcement and consequences of non-compliance
- Criminal liability
- 4 hours
Anyone working in a Federally Regulated Business.
This course contains 6.5 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.