Safe Operation of a Broderson Crane
MidSouthWest's Broderson Crane Training course identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements required by the operators. The practical evaluation requires operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act, Sec. 51(2). This program is suitable for new and existing operators. Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our Online Training Membership Packages. Membership packages provide access to industry-specific collections of online training courses from as low as $3.50 per person!
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Hazard Identification and controls
- Pre-operational checks
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Operation specific to a Broderson Crane
- Rescue basics
- Safe operating procedures
- Signals & Instruction
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, Sec. 51(2).
4 hours in-class program held on-site at your location. The instructor works with 1 operator at a time for approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the in-class segment. The instructor will work with 1 operator at a time for approximately 30 minutes per type.
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment application(s) and aptitude of the participant.
This course contains 4 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)