Asbestos Awareness Training
This course is designed for any worker, supervisor or employer who may be exposed to asbestos containing materials. The course informs participants how to identify potential asbestos containing material, the health risks associated with exposure, and how to take the necessary precautions when working around asbestos.
The course will cover specific strategies in accordance with O Reg 490/09 - Designated Substances and O.Reg. 278/05 – Designated Substance – Asbestos on Construction Projects and in Buildings and Repair Operations to ensure that workers have the knowledge of Asbestos and its risks.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Course Introduction
- Current Related Government legislation
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Recognize asbestos containing materials (ACM)
- Identify the need for decontamination and personal hygiene
- The requirements for type 1, 2 and 3
- Identify the required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify asbestos health risks
- Regulations and exposure limits related to asbestos
- Asbestos safe work practices
4 hours in-class program held on-site at your location or at one of our open class locations.
- In-class training
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on written test)
This course contains 4 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.
What's changed in WHMIS 2015?
WHMIS 2015 Training
If you’re company requires WHMIS 2015 training, please contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting. We offer on-site WHMIS 2015 training at your location. After completing our course, participants will: