Work Area Protection Training
This course is designed for workers in construction, road maintenance, communication and any other workers who perform work along roadways. The course informs participants how to effectively move road users through or around temporary traffic zones. The course will cover specific strategies in accordance with O Reg 213/91 and OTM Book 7 to ensure that road users, workers, equipment and first responders are all protected in temporary traffic zones.
We also offer Train the Trainer courses for Work Area Protection Certification.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Course introduction
- Current related Government legislation
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- OTM book 7 fundamental principles of traffic protection and temporary road conditions
- Identify traffic protection devices, selection, maintenance and quality
- Recognize different traffic control and traffic protection plans
- Determine typical layouts
- Explain the role of traffic control persons
- In-class training
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score)
What's changed in WHMIS 2015?
WHMIS 2015 Training
If you’re company requires WHMIS 2015 training, please contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting. We offer on-site WHMIS 2015 training at your location. After completing our course, participants will: