Lift Truck Certification / Recertification
A Certificate of Competency is the only requirement to operate a forklift in Ontario. Our courses can cover counterbalance, narrow aisle reach and order picker, electric pallet or stacker, outdoor rough terrain and Tele-Handlers with fuel sources of electric, propane or diesel.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our Online Training Membership Packages. Membership packages provide access to industry-specific collections of online training courses from as low as $3.50 per person!
- Introduction and Legislation Review
- Legal responsibilities of Employer, Supervisor and Worker
- Identify different types of lift trucks
- Basic hydraulics and pre-operational checks
- Engineering Principals of lift trucks
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Loading Docks and Trailers
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Capacity and load charts
- Fuel Safety (Electric, propane, hydro carbon fuel)
- Ontario Regulation 851
- CSA Standard B335-15
- 8 hours
- 4 hours
The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (B335-15) specifies the knowledge, practical skills, and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. Practical evaluation requires the lift truck operators to demonstrate their skill proficiency in the operation of lift trucks against a list of standard skills.
This course contains 6.5 technical hours and may be eligible for HRPA and/or BCRSP CPD points.
Click here to learn more about HRPA and BCRSP CPD point criteria.