Lift Truck Training
Our Lift Truck Training course is designed using parameters set out by CSA Standard B335-15 which identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. The practical evaluation of the forklift operator training course requires operators to demonstrate a competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
This program is suitable for new and existing operators. Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing.
- On-site training at your location – Contact MidSouthWest Training and Consulting to request a quote.
- Open classroom training – Held at locations throughout southwest Ontario, including Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, and London. Find a training class location near you.
- Train the Trainer – Have your trainer trained by the best by having MidSouthWest Training and Consulting train them.
- Online learning – Online courses can be purchased indvidually or as part of our learning management system.
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks/stability
- Hazard identification and controls
- Pre-operational checks
- Inspection, maintenance and records
- Lift capacity and load limitations
- Fuel safety for both electric and internal combustion engine equipment
- Loading dock safety
- Stacking and de-stacking industrial racking
- Safe operating procedures
- Ontario Regulation 851
- CSA Standard B335-15
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the in-class segment. The instructor will work with 1 operator at a time for approximately 30 minutes per lift truck type.
Practical Training for New Operators
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment application(s) and aptitude of the participant.
- 6.5 hour program held on-site at your location or at one of our course locations open to the public
- Practical operator testing is held on-site at your location. The instructor works with 1 operator at a time for approximately 30-40 minutes per lift truck type. Duration is dependent on type(s), fuel and use applications.
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)