Joint Health & Safety Committee Certification Training in Hamilton-Burlington
MidSouthWest Training and Consulting delivers Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) training courses approved by Ontario's Chief Prevention Officer.
Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that every provincially regulated workplace with 20 or more employees or a designated substance on site to establish a JHSC. The new JHSC Certification Standards established by the Ministry of Labour (MOL) in 2016 require that at least two members of a JHSC receive training in the new JHSC Certification Training Standard, including one member representing the employer and one member representing the workers. MidSouthWest Training and Consulting delivers a MOL Approved JHSC Training Course.
We will be in the Hamilton-Burlington area on the following dates
JHSC Part 1 Training
JHSC Part 2 Training for the Healthcare Industry
Combine Part 1 & Part 2
Our training program is designed to:
- Strengthen workplace safety culture by providing participants with a solid foundation in health and safety legislation and best-practices
- Build confidence by providing participants with the hands-on experience to recognize, assess, control and evaluate hazards in the workplace
- Foster workplace safety policies and procedures based on best-practices through classroom training, skills development and hands-on experience in hazard recognition, assessment and evaluation
- Increase workplace productivity by reducing downtime due to workplace injury
JHSC training for healthcare professionals
Our training program
Our trainers have experience training Healthcare professionals. Our JHSC certification program will cover hazards including:
Reduce your training costs
Is your location interesting in gaining access to a unique business-to-business marketing opportunity and reducing the costs of your training budget? MidSouthWest offers opportunities for the healthcare facilities to host industry-wide training and networking events.
Contact us today to find out how we can work with you to achieve your goal while providing your staff with access to the highest quality training opportunities.
Flexible training options
Frequently Asked Questions About Joint Health and Safety Committee Requirements in Ontario
- What is the new Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) Certification Training Program Standard?
- When do the new JHSC certification training standards come into effect?
- How are the new standards different from the previous standards?
- Do JHSC members who were certified under the 1996 Standards have to complete training as part of the new JHSC Certification Training Standard?
- How do I become a certified member of a JHSC?
- How many members of a JHSC need to be certified?
- Is my JHSC training certification valid if I change workplaces?
- Where can I get more information about JHSC member training requirements and training standards?